Monday 14 February 2011

Playtime for the boys....











OK, the day started off with a serious enough intent: Richie Moss, Peachey Cornes and myself were to drop my 2276cc turbo motor from my 73 bug, relocate the 73 from Richie's driveway to the Kraftwerk workshop (where it will receive a 1914cc Rayjay turbo'd lump) and deliver the 2276cc motor to my place so I can get it installed in my recently purchased '60 Drag Bug/Cal Looker.

We had also planned to drop in and check out a late Ghia which Richie Moss was looking at taking in part exchange for his Split Single Cab.

We had intended to get all this done in a few hours so that we were fresh faced and ready to drop around to Chris Lovatts place on Saturday evening - Chris had organized an impromptu get together with some fine food and drag racing on the TV (more of this later).... As usual with these kind of days, things got a little sidetracked.

Cue some sillyness with rattlecans and Richie's new gasser, a McDonalds, a curry and a chinese all in one day and a bit of time spent cleaning up the cab in the sun.... Oh, and we DID get the motor out and back to my place, its just a shame it fell to one side en route, leaving the back of Richies van awash with engine oil (sorry about that Rich).

No comments: